Sunday, April 08, 2018

Eric England R.I.P.





My old ship-mate distant cousin died yesterday.  I only met him one time at a Hunter Reunion.  I took his picture because I thought our meeting was unique because at our only meeting we discovered we were both on the ship USS NEWPORT NEWS at the same time..  Later I learned he was one of the top, if not the top, sniper(s) in the Vietnam War.  From what I know, I think he was a very humbled and shy person.

I heard a few days ago they were about to amputate his leg.  Maybe that did him in.

I remember at our own meeting we talked about the NEWPORT NEWS.  I told him what I hated the most about shipboard life for enlisted men was that no matter when you go to the "head" for a bowel movement, the toilets are lined up facing one another, and it is always crowded, even in the middle of night, so when you take a shit you will be touching knees with someone you don't know very well.  He got a kick out of that.

Google Eric England and you will meet an interesting person.

No comments: