Tuesday, February 20, 2024

R.I.P. Mrs Clare Foster Nesmith

 

R.I.P. MRS. NESMITH.

I just read in the obituaries my high school science teacher Mrs. Nesmith had died.  Clare Foster Nesmith was born July 31, 1928, 3rd of four siblings, in Dallas, Georgia, to Elizabeth Cordelia Watson Foster and Clarence Stead Foster.   She was married to Edgar Arlo Nesmith, Jr., and survived by her daughter Rev. E. Clare Nesmith. 

Mrs. Nesmith was a very gentle person that always had a kind smiling positive attitude  when communicating with someone face to face.  With one exception, that I know of:

The time she saw my bare left arm and hand was covered with ballpoint pen cartoons.  She sent me to the restroom to wash off my art.  I deserved her wrath.

Her husband was also a high school teacher.  When they were teachers, they lived in Pine Forest Apartments. 

No comments: