Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Refundable Quarter Deposit

Yesterday’s Adventure: First. When you shop at Aldi’s if you want a grocery cart you must deposit a quarter into a slot which will cause the chain to release one cart. Then when. You leave you go through the procedure in reverse and get your quarter deposit back. Yesterday with a quarter in my hand I was trying to figure what sequence to insert my quarter (it has been a while) when a man behind reached over the carts with his quarter to show me how. He had an accent, he could have been a native elsewhere. He was dressed nicely. I thanked him and because he used his quarter to show me I handed him my quarter. For a brief moment he looked mad. I think he thought I was tipping him and was insulted. Then he realized I was just returning his quarter his quarter and smiled. Alls well that ends well.

No comments: