Saturday, April 04, 2020

Toms River


Toms River, New Jersey, was/is a few miles east of the Navy base.  It is about half way the base and the ocean.  What attracted our little bunch to Toms River was the library.  There was a library on base which was just a big room on the floor above the movie theater, but Toms River had a nice big library.  We were a literate bunch of snobs and/or slobs.

Also, only about two blocks from the library was the above scene I took.  To me, it is peaceful scene; an eye-pleaser.  .But it was not an ear-pleaser the day I took it.  These are seagoing vessels.  The water the boats were floating on was a pathway to the ocean.  As I was walking around aiming my camera, trying to get the best shot a man bounded out of one of the boats and told me to "get the fuck out of here!"  Which I immediately did.  I didn't think putting up an argument would be very healthy.

Also what is not shown right behind me is a deep fried crab sandwich stand, not that it matters.

No comments: