Friday, September 20, 2019

Fairs and Fairs' Parades




It is county fair season. On TV this morning apparently the announcers said something about the fair and Anna asked me if I had ever seen the fair parade on opening day. I told her I was in the fair parade one year. Marietta High School had the last entries of the parade. My friend Monty and I watched our friends decorate their cars with their clubs names. We snatched some of their crepe paper and streamers and decorated the his mother’s car, then got back in to be the last car in the parade. In the parade through town and down Powder Springs Street to the Fairgrounds I drove and tooted the horn while he had his pants legs rolled up, sitting on the fender waving. Or was it visa versa? Or did we take times? I forgot. We were the last car to roll into the fairgrounds, then they close the big gates. We got into the Cobb County Fair free! As soon as we got out of the car we ran into two friends Billy and Buddy. They both had their arms full of stuffed animals. We asked them if they won those already. They said no, a rude man who ran a booth gave them each a few bucks to carry the stuff animals from his trailor to his booth. " But he was rude," they said as they were walking towards the parking lot.. Both B & B grew up to be prominent business men in Marietta.


Comments


  • 1

No comments: